PPL Librarians' Links from
ALA American Library Association MHLS Mid Hudson Library System
NYLA New York Library Association New York State Library
SENYLRC Southeastern New York Library Resources Council
Ulsterlibraries blogspot Closed Blog for Ulster County Library Managers and Directors
LIBRARY DIRECTOR POSITION application expires 02/01/2019
The Plattekill Public Library, a Special Legislative District Public Library in Southern Ulster County is seeking a Director to oversee library operations serving a community of 10,000 residents, managing an annual budget of over $450,000, and supervising a staff of 3 full time and 7 part time employees.Salary commensurate with experience, with a competitive benefits package, including participation in the New York State Retirement System.
Required Qualifications: MLS from ALA accredited school; Possession of a current New York State Public Librarian's professional certificate at time of application. Applicant must meet the training and experience criteria for Director I job specifications as set forth by the Ulster County Department of Personnel for permanent appointment .
Preferred Qualifications: 3-5 years of progressively responsible library administrative experience. Experience should include a broad background in management, administration/human resources, operations, fundraising and finance, as well as knowledge of library services, operations and collections.
- Responsible for administering the safe and efficient operation of the Library, its programs and services, in compliance with all applicable laws, and policies and decisions of the Board;
- Oversees continuous development of relevant library materials and services; responsible for the development of the Library's collections; plans and implements programs and services for patrons.
- Exhibits a high level of administrative and supervisory skills including: recruiting, hiring and training new employees, as well as coordinating the continued training and development of staff members; administering personnel policies; preparing performance evaluations of staff members; record keeping; preparing the annual budget, state and local reports; and oversees the financial audit;
- Possesses exceptional interpersonal, written and oral communication skills;
- Exercises considerable professional skill, initiative and good judgment, and the ability to establish effective working relationships with staff, volunteers, Friends of the Library, patrons, the public and the Board to promote the library as an integral and vital component of the community;
- Familiarity with current and emerging technologies and their application(s) in a library setting.Qualified applicants should submit cover letter, résumé, and contact information for three references no later than February 1, 2019 to:Donna Ebanks, Secretary Board of TrusteesPlattekill Public Library 2047 Rt. 32, Modena, NY 12548
Link to MHLS Weekly Newsletter for Staff and Trustees
Internet Library for Librarians Librarians' Index to the Internet
PLUS Public Libraries Using Spanish Librarians & Library Science
Libri Foundation Library of the Jewish Theological Seminary
Library Vendor Links:Brodart, Demco, Gaylord, Highsmith, University Products, Vernon Library Supplies
Barcode Scanners for PCs: Consumers' Choice
Satellite Broadband Internet Connection:
Private website about DirecPC: http://www.copperhead.cc/
Cable/Modem & DSL Tweeks Also for Satellite Internet
Web Based Training from New Horizons
Test your Internet Security! Test your PC and Internet Connection--PC Pitstop DSL Reports